BreakFree Holidays Travel Insurance
COVID 19 Coronavirus
Insurers have made the decision that as of midnight Monday 16th March 2020 new policy sales will not cover claims caused by the COVID-19 coronavirus peril. This does not affect policies that were sold and issued prior to this date.
For your peace of mind
As part of our online booking process you will be offered comprehensive single trip travel insurance which provides cover, for you, your party, and where this forms part of your trip, your vehicle.
Our policies which are insured by ERGO Travel Insurance Services Limited (ETI) on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance SE (GLISE) provide protection for the following eventualities:
- Cancellation & Curtailment (not included for promotional/newspaper bookings)
- Travel Delay & Abandonment (Europe only)
- Personal Accident
- Emergency Medical Expenses
- Personal Property
- Delayed Baggage (Europe only)
- Money & Documents
- Personal Liability
Car Breakdown Recovery (UK only) - this section of cover is only available where the following conditions are met:
- the vehicle is your own private car or a motor caravan or a motor cycle not over 120cc
- at the start of the trip the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition, regularly serviced by a garage or yourself in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations
- the vehicle is less than 10 years old at the date of policy issue
- the vehicle is driven by a person who holds a valid UK driving license and is not under the age of 17 or over 75
- the vehicle is driven from your home to a holiday location in the UK
Medical health requirements
This insurance policy is designed to cover you for unforeseen illnesses and accidents occurring during the period of insurance. If you have a history of any medical condition you must call the Towergate Medical Line on the following telephone number prior to the start of any trip in order to establish whether we can provide cover for you.
Telephone the Towergate Medical Line on 0344 892 1698.
You may be subject to further terms and conditions which will be sent to you in writing. You may have to pay an additional premium to cover your medical conditions.
If circumstances change after you have taken out this insurance, we reserve the right to alter the terms of this insurance based on the changed circumstances. Cover for the conditions will only be provided following our acceptance. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the Towergate Medical Helpline on 0344 892 1698.
Newspaper promotion bookings
All other bookings
You must take reasonable care to answer all questions carefully and accurately as failing to do so could invalidate your insurance cover and future claims.
GFM Holdings Ltd t/a BreakFree Holidays is an Appointed Representative of Global Travel Insurance Services Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm reference number 305686. You can check these details by visiting the Financial Services Register at register.fca.org.uk